Wednesday 31 August 2011

Bill Index Database - Providing Links to Hansard Debate for Individual Bills

Today I learnt that there is a Bill index database that provides links to the Hansard debate for each stage of a Bill as it passes through Parliament. It can be accessed here:


The legislation.gov.uk website says the Bill index database provides “links to the full text of a Bill, the Hansard debate, and any proposed amendments.” *


Personally I can’t see where it links to the full text of the Bill (perhaps I’m missing something). I also can’t quite figure out whether it only includes Bills currently before Parliament or also older ones (again, perhaps I’m missing something). If I don’t need to see the Hansard, I think I’ll probably stick to tracking Bills before Parliament using the Parliament website:

No comments:

Post a Comment