Wednesday 12 October 2011

John Betjeman Poetry Competition 2011 Winner

Today I learnt that Jennifer Burville-Riley is the 11 year old winner of the John Betjeman Poetry Competition 2011, with her poem Saint Wyllows Bridge.

I don't know much about poetry (although thanks to the excellent Rhyming Couplets blog, I know how to match poems to celebrities) but I know what I like, and I like this: http://stpancras.com/news/st-pancras-international-hosts-john-betjeman-poetry-competition

I also learnt that Sir John Betjeman saved St Pancras Station from demolition in the 1960s, so technically I learnt two things today.

1 comment:

  1. Arwh, thanks for the name-check! And I agree, what a fab poem, can't believe she's only eleven. The blog is great and varied as ever...Carry on Learning!

    ReplyDelete